How It Works
What to expect
But a significant piece of what makes this experience special are the more introspective questions we ask such as during which parts of your life you felt most alive? What challenges you have faced? Were there points that you reflect upon in which you now wish you’d made different choices? About your experience parenting and grandparenting, your thoughts about aging and dying, and the greatest challenges you’re currently facing.
This combination of the linear more chronological trajectory of your life with the more inward looking personal experience is useful to tell your story in deeper and more meaningful ways. Throughout the process, we take care to listen actively, and use follow up questions to clarify and build upon your answers.
Are you interested in scheduling your own The Stories Project video?
Give Your Family the Gift of a Lifetime. The Story of Yours
Meet & Greet
• Before the day of filming, we have an introductory meeting to get to know each other and answer any questions about preparation or otherwise. This meeting can be conducted over the phone or via Zoom if preferred.
Day of Filming
• Setup and break down of camera, sound and lighting equipment
• Potential gathering of additional B-Roll of subject in their home space
• Filming your story, lead by our interviewer.
Post Production Process
• Editing of interview and removal of interview questions
• Delivery of your video via digital download, and will be uploaded to our websites and our Youtube channel, unless requested not to.